Staten Island Charter Bus & Minibus Rentals
Whether you’re planning a school trip to the Staten Island Zoo or coordinating transportation for wedding guests to the Old Bermuda Inn, Punctual Transport can provide you with modern charter buses featuring plush seating and air-conditioning to facilitate your travels on the island. For easy maneuvering in residential areas, opt for a minibus, or keep your entire travel group together on a full-size bus accommodating up to 56 passengers.
Rest assured that all the buses in our network undergo rigorous inspections and are operated by experienced professional drivers. If you’re traveling for work and need to stay connected, we offer special amenities such as power outlets and free WiFi to keep you productive on the go. For groups with children, we can provide buses equipped with DVD players and flat-screen TVs to keep the young ones entertained during the journey. Simply let us know your requirements when you contact us.
School Trips around Staten Island
Staten Island boasts several popular destinations for school trips, including the Staten Island Zoo, the Staten Island Children’s Museum, and Historic Richmond Town. If your school lacks its own buses or requires air-conditioned comfort for your students, reach out to Punctual Transport when planning your group trip. Here are some of the top school trip destinations on Staten Island:
- Staten Island Zoo: Immerse your students in a world of wildlife with over 1,100 animals and educational presentations that align with New York’s educational standards. The zoo also offers special programs for after-school or scouting groups, as well as professional development courses for teachers.
Address: 614 Broadway, Staten Island, NY 10310 Phone: 718-442-3100
- Staten Island Children’s Museum: Make your trip interactive at this museum, where your students can explore an interactive fire station, perform on a child-sized stage, and learn about bugs and flowers. Consider a bus with free WiFi so your students can research and engage in educational experiences led by museum educators.
Address: 1000 Richmond Terrace Building M, Staten Island, NY 10301 Phone: 718-273-2060
- Historic Richmond Town: Take your students on a journey through time at this living history village and farm, featuring period homes, working shops, and open-hearth kitchens. Accessible from major bridges, a bus or car is the most convenient way to get there.
Address: 441 Clarke Ave, Staten Island, NY 10306 Phone: 718-351-1611
Staten Island Weddings
While Staten Island offers a limited number of wedding venues, the ones it does have are exquisite. Choose a picturesque spot in Snug Harbor’s botanical garden for your ceremony, followed by an elegant reception at the Old Bermuda Inn or the Grand Plaza.
If you have friends and family traveling from out of town, alleviate their stress by arranging a shuttle service to transport them from their hotel to the ceremony and reception. Don’t burden your loved ones with rental cars or the risk of navigating unfamiliar public transportation. After a night of celebration, they can relax in plush seats while a professional driver ensures their safe journey home. Explore these Staten Island wedding venues:
- Celebrate at Snug Harbor Address: 1000 Richmond Terrace Building R, Staten Island, NY 10301 Phone: 718-442-2700
- The Vanderbilt at South Beach Address: 300 Father Capodanno Blvd, Staten Island, NY 10305 Phone: 718-447-0800
- Above Weddings and Nicotra’s Ballroom at Hilton Garden Inn Address: 1100 South Ave, Staten Island, NY 10314 Phone: 718-477-2400 ext. 2 or 5
- Grand Plaza Address: 23 Nelson Ave, Staten Island, NY 10308 Phone: 718-967-4034
- Grand Oaks Country Club Address: 200 Huguenot Ave, Staten Island, NY 10312 Phone: 718-356-2771
- The Historic Old Bermuda Inn Address: Veterans Rd W, Staten Island, NY 10309 Phone: 718-948-7600
Sports in Staten Island
Staten Island is often referred to as “the borough of parks” for good reason. Nearly one-third of the island is dedicated green space, many of which feature recreational facilities like playgrounds, baseball and soccer fields, and tennis courts.
If you’re bringing a team to compete or escorting a track team to the Ocean Breeze Athletic Complex, our buses offer storage space for sports equipment, overhead compartments for backpacks and snacks, and ample legroom for your athletes to relax after a game. Here are some of Staten Island’s popular athletic facilities:
- Ocean Breeze Athletic Complex: This indoor track-and-field facility spans 135,000 square feet and is certified by the International Association of Athletics Federation. It features a hydraulically banked competition track, warm-up areas, fitness and cardio rooms, a spacious parking lot, and breathtaking views of the water and downtown Manhattan skyline.
Address: 625 Father Capodanno Blvd, Staten Island, NY 10305 Phone: 718-351-7923
- Willowbrook Park: In addition to its scenic woods and a five-acre lake, Willowbrook Park offers tennis courts, baseball fields, and an archery center. After the game, take the kids to the Carousel for All Children, designed to be accessible for kids with and without disabilities.
Address: 1 Eton Place, Staten Island, NY 10314 Phone: 212-639-9675
- Richmond County Bank Ballpark: If watching sports is more your style, catch a game played by the Staten Island Yankees, a minor-league affiliate. Enjoy a ballgame with stunning water views and root for players who may one day join their major-league affiliate in the Bronx.
Address: 75 Richmond Terrace, Staten Island, NY 10301 Phone: 718-720-9265
Corporate Travel around Staten Island
Staten Island may not host as many businesses as Brooklyn or Manhattan, but it is home to numerous families who commute to the other boroughs daily. If your business relies on employees living on the island and the ferry service faces delays, your office could experience significant disruptions.
Implementing a long-term employee shuttle service offers a reliable alternative, ensuring your employees can reach your office safely and on time, even in adverse weather conditions. Our shuttle buses come equipped with amenities like free WiFi, allowing your employees to stay connected or unwind during their commute.
Tour Groups in Staten Island
While most tour groups tend to focus on Manhattan or Brooklyn when visiting NYC, overlooking Staten Island is a missed opportunity. If the majority of your group has already explored the city, consider incorporating stops in Staten Island into your itinerary.
Museums: Many of Staten Island’s museums are located at the Snug Harbor Cultural Center and Botanical Garden, a Smithsonian affiliate. Explore the Newhouse Center of Contemporary Art, the Noble Maritime Collection, and the Staten Island Museum. Don’t limit yourself; include the Jacques Marchais Museum of Tibetan Art, the first museum in the U.S. dedicated to Tibetan art and culture. Add these museums to your itinerary for an unforgettable tour of Staten Island.
- Newhouse Center of Contemporary Art Address: Building C, 1000 Richmond Terrace, Staten Island, NY 10301 Phone: 718-425-3560
- Noble Maritime Collection Address: 1000 Richmond Terrace #8, Staten Island, NY 10301 Phone: 718-447-6490
- Staten Island Museum Address: 1000 Richmond Terrace, Staten Island, NY 10301 Phone: 718-727-1135
- Jacques Marchais Museum of Tibetan Art Address: 338 Lighthouse Ave, Staten Island, NY 10306 Phone: 718-987-3500
Historic Destinations: Staten Island is rich in historical landmarks, including the Crimson Beech (Cass House), designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. Explore the Alice Austen House, a nationally designated LGBTQ history site that once belonged to one of the first women photographers. Other notable historical destinations include Fort Wadsworth, one of the oldest U.S. military installations, and Staten Island Borough Hall, home to original WPA murals painted in the 1940s. If your group includes individuals with limited mobility, consider booking an ADA-accessible bus to ensure everyone can enjoy these historical sites.
- Crimson Beech Address: 48 Manor Ct, Staten Island, NY 10306
- Alice Austen House Address: 2 Hylan Blvd, Staten Island, NY 10305 Phone: 718-816-4506
- Fort Wadsworth Address: Fort Wadsworth, Staten Island, NY 10305 Phone: 718-815-3651
- Staten Island Borough Hall Address: 10 Richmond Terrace, Staten Island, NY 10301 Phone: 718-816-2000
Restaurants and Breweries: Don’t miss the chance to savor the culinary delights of Staten Island. In addition to two beloved independent breweries, the island is home to Enoteca Maria, where grandmothers from around the world prepare delightful dishes. Craving Chinese cuisine? Try Jade Island, a restaurant that once received praise from Anthony Bourdain. If you plan to indulge in alcoholic beverages, ensure you arrange transportation in advance. Punctual Transport is happy to provide a minibus with a professional driver to serve as your designated driver.
- Flagship Brewing Company Address: 40 Minthorne St, Staten Island, NY 10301 Phone: 718-448-5284
- Kills Boro Brewing Company Address: 62 Van Duzer St, Staten Island, NY 10301 Phone: 718-442-3433
- Enoteca Maria Address: 27 Hyatt St, Staten Island, NY 10301 Phone: 718-447-2777
- Jade Island Address: 2845 Richmond Ave, Staten Island, NY 10314 Phone: 718-761-8080